My Picture

My Picture

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy News Year!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Mine was quite different than what I was used to. Instead of snow being on the ground when we woke up we had to sun and the grass to look at. So it was a different experience for sure. This last week has been really slow due to the Holidays, so nothing too exciting happened. We did add a new investigator last night. His name is Josue. He is really awesome and he really is interested. We helped clear up some questions he had, taught the restoration, and committed him to read and pray about it. He accepted and he also wants to bring his cousins to the lesson next week. So things are going great. Other than that not anything too exciting has happened. The message I am sharing today deals with the new year and setting goals. First, take time to honestly reflect on the past year and then determine what you desire to achieve and, more importantly, what you desire to become in 2015. President Monson has taught: "When performance is measured, performance improves. When performance is measured and reported back, the rate of improvement accelerates." In other words, your goals should be SMART: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound. The best way to achieve your goals is to seek the help of Heaven and then work with all diligence – resolve that you will not return home until you have met your goals that day. As we set goals for the upcoming year lets keep this in mind. We can do anything with the lord's help. This video is about setting goals and the new year. http://www.mormonchannel.org/mormon-channel-daily/385?v=910930409001 I know that setting goals is important and it helps us to accomplish the things we want to accomplish. Love you all. Love Elder Betts

1 comment:

  1. Fun to read how he is doing. I see some of his Timberline training coming out in this post (SMART Goals). Its also fun to see as I served in this same mission. What a great young man

    ReplyDelete