My Picture
Saturday, January 24, 2015
Shark Tacos!!
Hello Everyone.....so some crazy stuff happened this week. We had 4 great adventures this week that made our mission......oh exciting. drunk guy, 17 yr old showering battery fish tacos
The first one was when we went to an appointment with a less active, part member family. We set up the appointment last week, she knew we were coming and she wanted to meet with us. When we get there we walked into a birthday party for some small child in the family. We see the bounce house castle....and we were like "what are we getting ourselves into?" We walked into the yard and they came out. Elizabeth (the member) said "sit down. The food is almost finished." So we sat down. While waiting we tried to talk to this guy....he wasn't the most friendly guy. We asked his name to just say hi..... and he wanted to know why we were asking. We said just small talk. He said I am really busy I don't have time to talk with you.....about 15 minutes later, our bellies full, he comes and talks with us. Beer can in hand and all. Then he tells Elder Weber that he can read people. He "knew Elder Weber had a question", he thought because he was twice our age, he is twice as smart, oh and he thought I was on a water diet because I had a water bottle......silly drunk guy. I had to restrain myself from laughing! eventually we left.
The second adventure was when we in Calexico, we tried to visit a less active family. The 17 year old daughter answered and talked with us for a while. Then out of the blue she says, "I haven't showered!" an awkward pause followed, then came the explanation when she realized what was going on. She just went running and hadn't showered yet....super awkward great conversation.
The third one happened yesterday. We went and did service for a member.....oh it was the worst service ever. Their shed got infested by mice. There was dead mice everywhere....mouse poop....and an awful smell. We wore pretty great masks though.....so it was fun. We took everything out of the shed, cleaned them up (sanitized them), cleaned the shed, and put them all back in. It was....and adventure for sure...... Then they fed us lunch. But our day gets better. After lunch we go to our car....it wont start. We get the members to try to jumpstart it....that doesn't work. We try cleaning the battery....still nothing. So we take the battery out and then go to pep boys. They do a batter test....lets just say it was time to get a new battery...it was completely dead. So that was our "Happy Martin Luther King Day".
To top everything off. Last night we had an adventure after all that fun in the morning.
We went to an investigator's house last night to try her fish tacos-she said they were the best. I am not a big fan of fish, in fact you can say I strongly dislike it, but she said they weren't fishy at all. We are always down for trying new things. So....we went there. We ate like 4 tacos each. They were delicious. But that is not even the best part. It turns out they were actually shark tacos. The fish they buy is shark. They never knew that. It was really good....so I can say that I ate shark on my mission.
So that was our adventures this week. Also transfers is this week. Luckily for our companionship nothing is happening. We are staying the same.
Hope you all have a fantastic week. Love you all!!
Love Elder Betts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment