"when ye are in the service of your fellow
beings ye are only in the service of your God." (Mosiah 2:17)
This last week we have had the opportunity to do a
lot of service opportunities. We were able to help people come unto Christ by
these acts of service we did.
We were able to help a Senior Missionary Couple move
into thier apt. and help them get settled. That was such a wonderful
opportunity to help these missionaries get ready to begin their next adventure.
We also helped these elderly trim thier tree and
help dig out a pole that was in their back yard. Afterwards we were able to
share a message with them and help them feel the holy ghost.
Next we helped one of our members clean up the
leaves around his house and help him in that way.
Then on the way out to go to the library to do some
training activities we asked some people who were loading a moving truck if
they would like help. We were able to gather a few missionaries and we helped
them move from their apt. into a different one.
It is through these little acts of service that we
can be examples to those around us and we can "Therefore let your light so
shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your
Father who is in heaven" (3 Nephi 12:16)
In a talk given by President Monson Entitled
"What Have I Done for Someone Today?" He said "
My brothers and sisters, we are surrounded by those
in need of our attention, our encouragement, our support, our comfort, our
kindness—be they family members, friends, acquaintances, or strangers. We are
the Lord’s hands here upon the earth, with the mandate to serve and to lift His
children. He is dependent upon each of us.
You may lament: I can barely make it through each
day, doing all that I need to do. How can I provide service for others? What
can I possibly do?
That service to which all of us have been called is
the service of the Lord Jesus Christ.
As He enlists us to His cause, He invites us to draw
close to Him. He speaks to you and to me:
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy
laden, and I will give you rest.
“Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am
meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
“For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” 14
If we truly listen, we may hear that voice from far
away say to us, as it spoke to another, “Well done, thou good and faithful
servant.” 15 That each may qualify for this blessing from our Lord is my
prayer, and I offer it in His name, even Jesus Christ, our Savior, amen."
We can serve our fellow friends in many ways. We
need to not be afraid to be an example to others and to help them with many
things. Just like the song "Have I Done any Good" says:
Have I done any good in the world today?
Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel
glad?
If not, I have failed indeed.
Has anyone’s burden been lighter today
Because I was willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary been helped on their
way?
When they needed my help was I there?
If not we need to get out there and help others.
Remember this as you go about your week. Think of ways that we can help others.
This week has been so great. We now have a total of
5 investigators!!! WooooHoooo!!!!
On Tuesday we
went "Lawn Bowling"-like bochi ball- On Coronado Island. That was
really fun. and service.
Wednesday we had zone meeting for most of the day
with service after that. also we were trying to call chad (a less active
member) and we called the wrong video phone number. We ended up contacting a
different deaf guy named Edwin, we invited him to church. He accepted came to
church and we are starting to teach him)
Thursday we got a refurral and contacted it-they
weren't interested at the time, we also added an investigator named James.
Friday we had the big service (Move) and then more
service with Donald (Member) and visiting with the Isais.
Saturday we went to a baptism and Monica (now
investigator) showed up and she got to witness that very spiritual experience.
Also we visited Lilia (our investigator in the hospital because of her finger)
Sunday we went to church and we taught the gospel
principles class. Then ate Dinner at the church before heading back to our
area.
Monday we met with Monica, got scared for my life
because we went to hobo land. Where there was hundreds of hobos all around. We
also visited with a previous investigator named Elizabeth, all the time her mom
was busy getting drunk.....so that was fun. We set up a service activity with
them, so that was good. Then we went to the Isais's (deaf and blind brothers)
and we watched Jose play bowling on the computer because he was doing that when
we showed up.
Well My week was very busy doing a lot of service
opportunities. We were able to express charity as we served our fellow man. I
know that as we serve others we are coming to christ and trying to become like
him. I promise that as you go about your day searching for opportunities to
help other people out, you will be happier and you will be blessed for having
charity. I love you all and i hope you have an amazing week. You are all so
wonderful!!!!
Love ya lots!!!
Love Elder Betts
No comments:
Post a Comment